The International Academy provides an experiential preview of the academic and cultural adventures that await students from all over the world who enroll at VA.
|July 11 - 15, 2016|
|July 18 - 22, 2016|
|July 25 - 29, 2016|
Who: Students in grade 6-10 who wish to explore an international education
VA Cost: Limited space available. Call for group rates.
- Students currently in grades 6-10
- Basic tourist level English language skill
- Must obtain passport and visitor visa
- Must provide Emergency Medical and Liability Waiver
STEM Courses: Robotics, Computer Programming, Invention Laboratory, Engineering
Academic Courses: English Second Language, American Literature, American History
College Visits: The Ohio State University, Capital University, Kent State University
Athletic Activities: Golf and Tennis Lessons
Students will be paired with a student ambassador and participate in a regular classroom schedule daily. Also, entertainment and cultural activities are scheduled in the afternoon and evening hours throughout the week.
- Art Museum
- COSI (Center of Science and Industry)
- Ohio Statehouse
- Zoombezi Bay Water Park
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
Request Information Space is limited! R.S.V.P. online or call today! (614) 841.0050
Academic Year Admissions Process
The Village Academy admission process involves a collaborative effort between the VA administration and the applicant’s family with input from the student’s current school. Once the Admissions Office receives all required documents, and the parent interview and student assessment are completed, the admission committee can meet to review the application, after which applicants are notified of the decision.
The following is a step-by-step guide to the admissions process:
1. Tour the Village Academy Campus
Before submitting an application, prospective families should plan to attend an Open House or take a personal tour of the campus. During the tour, you will be able to observe classes in session, explore the School’s facilities, and learn about the Village Academy approach to academics, student life, the arts, community service/leadership and athletics. These tours typically last about an hour and a half, and will give you insight into the exceptional value of a Village Academy education.
To schedule a private tour, please complete this online contact form, and a representative from the Admissions Office will contact you. As an alternative, you are welcome to attend one of our Open Houses. For information on Open House dates and times, click here.
2. Submit an Application (International students only)
All documentation should be translated into English. The originals must be submitted along with the translations.
- A completed application form.
- Copy of birth certificate or family registration record.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of immunization record.
- An official bank statement.
- Transcripts from current school.
- Two teacher recommendations: one from an English teacher and one from a math teacher.
- Student must have a minimum of two years of English language instruction and submit TOEFL Jr. test results with application. TOEFL Jr. test scores should be sent to Institution Code 5525 for Village Academy, Powell, Ohio USA.
- Student must participate in an online interview via Skype.
- Local guardian’s name, address and phone number.
- Foreign contact information for the parents, including home address, phone, and email.